I saw this olive penguin recipe from this site and I really wanted to make this some day.
I added green decoration into penguin for St. Patrick day.
Adopted recipe from here.
- 16 small or medium pitted black olives, drained
- 16 large or jumbo pitted black olives, drained
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- 16 thin slices (give or take) of the fat end of a peeled carrot
- 8 green chives
- 16 (give or take) toothpicks
- 16 edamame (option)
- Sprinkle salt in carrot and leave about 5 minutes.
- Cut a small triangular wedge out of each carrot slice.
- Use a skewer or toothpick to push the narrow end of a carrot triangle through the wide hole of each small olive until it pokes out the narrow pitted hole.
- Cut a slit from top to bottom, lengthwise, into the side of each bigger olive. Use a small spoon or a plastic bag with a corner cut out to fill each bigger olive with cream cheese.
- Use a toothpick pushed down through the center to hold the "chest" of the penguin to the "feet".
- Push one head, "beak" side lined up with the "chest" and "feet" down onto the toothpicks.
- Add chives and edamame if you like or create your own olive penguin.