I saw this olive penguin recipe from this site and I really wanted to make this some day.
I added green decoration into penguin for St. Patrick day.
Adopted recipe from here.
- 16 small or medium pitted black olives, drained
- 16 large or jumbo pitted black olives, drained
- about 4 ounces Cream Cheese-
- 16 thin slices (give or take) of the fat end of a peeled carrot
- 8 green chives
- 16 (give or take) toothpicks
- 16 edamame (option)
1. sprinkle salt in carrot and leave about 5 minutes.
2. Cut a small triangular wedge out of each carrot slice.
3.Use a skewer or toothpick to push the narrow end of a carrot triangle through the wide hole of each small olive until it pokes out the narrow pitted hole.
4.Cut a slit from top to bottom, lengthwise, into the side of each bigger olive. Use a small spoon or a plastic bag with a corner cut out to fill each bigger olive with cream cheese.
5.Use a toothpick pushed down through the center to hold the “chest” of the penguin to the “feet”.
6.Push one head, “beak” side lined up with the “chest” and “feet” down onto the toothpicks.
7.Add chives and edamame if you like or create your own olive penguin.