I cooked my husband’s favorite hayashi rice today.
Hayashi Rice is popular western-style dish in Japan and similar as tomato stew. Usually we cook this dish with roux blocks like Japanese curry, but I cooked this without roux.
Photo is for my husband, and the following is photo is for my son.
- 1 lb Chicken thighs (or your favarite part, or beef)
- 2 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 carrot chopped
- 2 Tablespoon spelt flour
- 2 Tablespoon Mochiko
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 2 cube Chicken Bouillon
- 1 Tablespoon Miso
- 2 cups water
- in a sauce pan, add oil and butter. Saute garlic and onion.
- Add carrot, chicken and saute..
- Turn off the heat and add spelt flour and mochiko. Mix well..
- Add all ingredients A and turn on the heat again and simmer. Make sure stirring well.
- Turn down the heat to low and simmer about 30 minites..
- Add soy sauce and cook 3 more minites.
Prepare 2 similar shaped cherry tomato
Cut edge about 45 degree as following photos
place 2 charry tomatos