I cooked healthy meatball in the weekend for the family. I tried to add Tofu and vegetable that my son does not want to eat into meatball as much as possible. I added ground pork, Chicken, verely, carrot, onion, mushroom and Tofu. Those vegetables are my son does not eat when I serve dinner for him.
Here is the recipe if you like.
- 1 lb pork
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 package medium firm tofu drained and crushed
- 2 egg
- 2 cup panko
- 3T soy sauce("shoyu" in Japanese) is a fermented sauce made from soybeans (soya beans). I usually get organic soy sauce from asian grocery super market.
- 1T misoMade by fermenting rice, barley and/or soybeans, with salt etc...The most typical miso made with soy.
- 3T sesame oilVegetable oil made from sesame seeds. You can find this oil in any Asian grocery super market.
Vegetable oil made from sesame seeds. You can find this oil in any Asian grocery super market.
- 1T olive oil
- ½ red onion minced
- ½ onion minced
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- ½ package mushroom minced
- 1 inch carrot minced
- 1 inch celery minced
- 2 Tablespoon white wine (Rice wineRice wine. You can get cooking sake in Japanese grocery store, but you can also get sake in any liquor shop. If you do not find it , you can use sweet white wine instead.
- 2 Tablespoon mirinThis is used in Japanese cuisine, consisting of 40%–50% sugar. It is a kind of rice wine similar to sake, but with a lower alcohol content.
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice
- 3-4 Tablespoon soy sauce("shoyu" in Japanese) is a fermented sauce made from soybeans (soya beans). I usually get organic soy sauce from asian grocery super market.
- 1 Tablespoon Gochujang
- 100 ml dashi stock (or non-salted vegetable stock /water)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch+ 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven 390 F
- saute onion in a skillet over medium heat with the olive oil. Add the garlic , other vegetables and continue sauteing until the onion is little brown.
- Mix all ingredients knead to combine well
- Shape the mixture into small rounds shape (Tablespoon size).
- Place a baking sheet on a baking pan, bake them about 15-20 minutes until the meat is cooked through.
- Add all incredients in the pot and boil Add 1 Tablespoon water into the sauce.
- Mix 2 tablespoons cornstarch+ 2 tablespoons water. Add into sauce and stir constantly to allow the sauce to thicken.