My son loves eat rice with this grandpa’s special meat sauce. He cooks this special sauce with noodle for him whenever he visit his place.
I asked recipe for this special sauce before his grandpa is away for his long vacation.
This is secret recipe but I would like to share with you! Here is the recipe.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 onion minced
- ½ red onion minced
- 1 package mushroom minced
- 2 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2-4 Tablespoon Soy sauce("shoyu" in Japanese) is a fermented sauce made from soybeans (soya beans). I usually get organic soy sauce from asian grocery super market.
- 2-3 Tablespoon rice syrup or maple syrup
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoon corn starch + 2 teaspoon water
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute garlic until it browns. Add Onion, mushroom and saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground pork and cook until evenly brown.
- Add hoison sauce, soy sauce("shoyu" in Japanese) is a fermented sauce made from soybeans (soya beans). I usually get organic soy sauce from asian grocery super market.
, and syrup.
- Add pepper, 2 cups of water.
- Once water boiled, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Mix corn starch and water and add to the sauce. stir well till sauce is thicken.
sometimes called laversometimes called laver, Japanese name for edible seaweed
, Japanese name for edible seaweed
sheet. Also used broccoli, cherry tomato for outside decoration.