Yesterday was my son’s birthday and I cooked Elmo strawberry cupcake for his class.
My son loved eating Elmo cherry tomato but I cannot use cherry tomato for cupcake. So I decided to use strawberry instead.
I was so happy to see all his classmate enjoyed looking at Elmos!! His classmate’s mom wrote about this cupcake in her blog.
Here is how I make cupcake.
A. prepare 8 your favorite cupcake. I followed this recipe
B. Prepare Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream cheese frosting recipe
- 100g Cream Cheese, softened
- 25g Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the cream cheese and yogurt in a bowl and beat using a hand mixer.
- Add rest of ingredients and continue to beat until frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Frost the cupcakes and refrigerate until ready to serve.
C. Elmo Decorations
- 8 fresh strawberry
- 4 dried apricots (or 8 orange M&M chocolate)
- 8 small marshmallow
- 8 Oreo Mini Bite Size
- Chocolate chips or melting chip
1. Wash fresh strawberry and pat the strawberries dry with a paper towel
2. Cut marshmallow into half. This will be used for eyes.
3. Cut apricot into round shape same size of marshmallow. This is for Elmo’s nose. (if you use M&M skip this step)
4. Cut into half Oreo Mini bite size for Elmo’s mouth.
5. Melt Chocolate in a Double Boiler
6. Stick all face part on strawberry with melting chocolate.
7. Place melting chocolate in parchment paper cones or plastic, and draw the eyes.