I cooked Tofu steak with special Teriyaki sauce last night.
I also made some toddler friendly sushi with this tofu steak for my son. He loves this Special Teriyaki sauce tofu steak.
Here is the recipe.
- 1 firm tofu
- 1 scallion sliced
- corn starch
- sesame oilVegetable oil made from sesame seeds. You can find this oil in any Asian grocery super market.
Vegetable oil made from sesame seeds. You can find this oil in any Asian grocery super market.
- 3 Tablespoon agave syrup (or sugar)
- 2 Tablespoon Soy sauce("shoyu" in Japanese) is a fermented sauce made from soybeans (soya beans). I usually get organic soy sauce from asian grocery super market.
- 4 Tablespoon White Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Gochujang
- 1 Tablespoon Tofu mayonnaise
- Wrap Tofu with paper towel and put in microwave about 3 minutes and let it cool completely.
- Cut tofu into cube and coat then with corn starch.
- Heat 2 of the tbsp of vegetable oil in a saucepan, add the tofu and cook on both side..
- Add teriyaki sauce and scallion and cook about 3 minutes.