Tsukune is Japanese chicken meatball with teriyaki sauce and served most likely Yakitori style.
You cannot grilled Yakitori (skewered chicken) at home unless you have special grill pan at home, but you can cook this meat ball at home with pan easilly/
I cooked in this weekend. I serve my son as well before adding Teriyaki sauce but he loves it.
Here is the recipe.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 scallion minced
- 1 egg
- 8 Tablespoon panko
- 2/1 salt
- 2 Tablespoon Sake (or rice one/ white wine)
- 1 Tablespoon Brown rice cyrup (or sugar)
- 3-4 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 6-7 Tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Add Mix ground meat, egg, panko, salt and pepper into a bowl and knead to combine well
- Shape the mixture into small rounds shape (Tablespoon size).
- Drizzle a little oil in a nonstick skillet and heat. When hot, add the tsukune and cook until nicely browned on both sides.
- Add all teriyaki sauce ingredients in a pan and bring to boil. cook with chicken about 5 minutes and take out chicken and set aside.
- Add 1 Tablespoon water into the sauce.
- Dissolve cornstarch in ¼ cup of cold water and add to sauce. Stir constantly to allow the sauce to thicken.