This is quick and easy side dish for weekday.
- 1 lb spinach
- 1-2 teaspoon salt (adjust your taste)
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce("shoyu" in Japanese) is a fermented sauce made from soybeans (soya beans). I usually get organic soy sauce from asian grocery super market.
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oilVegetable oil made from sesame seeds. You can find this oil in any Asian grocery super market.
Vegetable oil made from sesame seeds. You can find this oil in any Asian grocery super market.
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon mirinThis is used in Japanese cuisine, consisting of 40%–50% sugar. It is a kind of rice wine similar to sake, but with a lower alcohol content.
(or brown rice syrup or sugar)
- wash vegetable.
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water for 30-60 seconds..
- Remove spinach quickly and rinse in cold water.
- Gently squeeze the spinach to remove excess water.
- Mix all ingredients A and marinade with spinach.