My father-in-law is great chef and he taught me how to pick fresh meat and vegetable. He bought big whole cabbage in past weekend, I was thinking what to cook with it.
Then I decided to cook whole cabbage.
Here is the revipe
- 1 lb ground chicken (Beef or Pork will be good.)
- ⅓ Tofu
- ½ onion minced
- ½ small carrot grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon soy milk (or whole milk)
- 8 Tablespoon panko (bread crumbs)
- 2 chicken stock cube
- 3-4 cup water
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- 1-2 Tablespoon soy sauce("shoyu" in Japanese) is a fermented sauce made from soybeans (soya beans). I usually get organic soy sauce from asian grocery super market.
- 2 Tablespoon Corn starch
- 3 Tablespoon Water
- 2 tablespoon parsley minced
- In the bowl add all ingredients of [Meat] and mix well with hands.]
- Take off 2-3 outer leaves of cabbage. Make an incision around the center of cabbage and take out center and leaves to make a hole. (you can scoop with spoon)
- Mix all ingredients [C Starch Water]
- Stuff [A Meat] in the hole in cabbage. Put some leaves from Step 2 at the bottom of the pot and whole cabbage facing hole to bottom.
- Add all [B soup] ingredients in the pot and simmer over high heat
- When it begins to bubble, cover foil and lids, lower the hear and cook about 60 minutes.
- Take out cabbage and add [C Starch Water] in the soup to thicken