When I was in Japan, I love to go the restaurant which serve “Dan Dan Noodle”. Dan Dan noodle is the dish originating from Chinese Szechuan cuisine. It is noodle with spicy soup contain sesame paste, preserved vegetable, minced port, scallions.
I cook hot pot with similar Dan Dan noodle soup today. I just named this dish “Dan dan noodle hot pot” . Hot pot is good for winter season.
Stay warm with this hot pot soup!
- 1 Tofu drained
- 8 Chive blanched
- onion sliced
- 1-2 leaves cabbage (nappa) sliced (option)
- spinach blanched
- cooked noodle (side)
- 1lb ground Turkey (use pork, chicken if you have)
- ½tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon sakeRice wineRice wine. You can get cooking sake in Japanese grocery store, but you can also get sake in any liquor shop. If you do not find it , you can use sweet white wine instead.
. You can get cooking sake in Japanese grocery store, but you can also get sake in any liquor shop. If you do not find it , you can use sweet white wine instead.
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 scallion minced
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon gochujang (or Chili bean paste)
- 2 Tablespoon misoMade by fermenting rice, barley and/or soybeans, with salt etc...The most typical miso made with soy.
(or Chili bean paste)
- 2 Tablespoon sesame paste (tahini)
- 1 Tablespoon Brown rice syrup (sugar)
- Cut tofu into 16 pieces.
- Mix all ingredients [A]
- Add meat paste (recipe2) between tofu and tie them with chive. (see photo above.)
- Place onion at the bottom of the pot and cabbage in second layer
- Place tofu, spinach, mushroom.
- In the separate pot, add all ingredients [B] and cook with medium heat.
- Pour the soup (recipe6) in the pot and add egg on the top
- Cook until all ingredients cook.
- Add noodle if you like