Sushi Ball (temari sushi) is very simple way to make sushi at home and looks very pretty.
As temari means thread balls in Japanese, temarizushi, or temari sushi, are small and ball-shaped sushi. Temari sushi are usually cooked on happy occasions. These are easy to eat sushi and good for parties.
I cooked Sushi ball for my Christmas potluck party.
- Japanese White Rice
- sushi vinegar (sushi-zu) by mixing rice vinegar, sugar, and salt
- smoked salmon
- cream cheese
- thinly sliced lemon for garnish
- Prepare Sushi Rice: Mix rice with sushi vinegar (sushi-zu) by mixing rice vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- just lay down a square of plastic wrap, place a slice of smoked salmon.
- then about 2 tablespoonfuls of sushi rice on top of that. Poke a hole in the middle and put about ½ teaspoon of cream cheese in there.gather the corners of the wrap or hanky, twist, and form a tight ball.
- place slice of lemon on the top for garnish